Please note: Due to the decision to send the USS JFK for scrapping, we have suspended our efforts to acquire the ship. Our parent organization, the RI Aviation Hall of Fame, is currently pursuing a land-based facility in Quonset, Rhode Island, with plans to dedicate a portion of the facility to those who served on the USS JFK & USS Saratoga, and display the amazing memorabilia we have gathered over the years.
For the latest updates, please visit https://RIAHOF.org.
- Passing of Admiral Earl “Buddy” Yates, first CO of USS JFK CV-67We are sorry to report that Rear Admiral Earl Preston “Buddy” Yates, the first commanding officer of the USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67), died on September 13, 2021, at the age of 97 at his long-time home in Virginia Beach, Virginia. As his obituary states, ‘While he loved every command, the highlight of his career… Continue reading Passing of Admiral Earl “Buddy” Yates, first CO of USS JFK CV-67
- 2018 End-of-Year Update: Land-based FacilityIn August we reported that we were redoubling our efforts to develop a land-based facility at the former Quonset Point Naval Air Station, which would incorporate museums and memorials for the USS John F Kennedy and USS Saratoga, as well as a permanent home for the RI Aviation Hall of Fame. We also promised to keep… Continue reading 2018 End-of-Year Update: Land-based Facility
- August 2018 Project Update – Sad News…I am posting sad news. Based on information we received in the past few days, we are suspending our full-time efforts in pursuit of the donation of the USS John F Kennedy. (See details below). Instead, we will redouble our efforts to develop a land-based facility at the former Quonset Point Naval Air Station, which… Continue reading August 2018 Project Update – Sad News…
- March 2018 JFK Project UpdateAs we have posted on our Facebook page and our website, we are working behind the scenes to develop an alternative berthing location and plan that is solid enough to return CV-67 to donation status. Once that plan is developed we will have a specific proposal to promote, and that’s when we hope to coordinate… Continue reading March 2018 JFK Project Update
- JFK Videographer Zwemke Presents CV-67 Model to Admiral TuttleOn December 27, 2017, USS JFK Project videographer Tom Zwemke presented ADM Tuttle with a 1/350 scale museum-quality model of CV-67 at the Tuttle home in McLean, Virginia. Massachusetts Congressman Joe Kennedy III supported the presentation via video.