Become a Charter Member!
Help us show the Navy and the State of Rhode Island that we have the popular support and funding to make this project happen.
Renewing your membership? Simply purchase a membership as though you are new (click “Join Now” under Annual Members), we will find you and make sure to apply it to your existing membership number!!
Date Nolite Rogare. We are all very familiar with the admonition contained in our ship’s motto: “Give–Be Unwilling to Ask”.
I think the spirit of Big John will forgive me in this instance if I do both, because the “ask” is for the most important of causes–ensuring that USS John F. Kennedy goes back to work for her country.
I am asking you to join me in a quest to bring “Big John” to Rhode Island’s beautiful Narragansett Bay as a world-class family attraction, education center, job training facility, museum and memorial. As a group we must show the Navy that we stand shoulder-to-shoulder in support of this vision.
I am pleased to report that we have made significant progress in the months since Frank Lennon and the rest of his Rhode Island Aviation Hall of Fame (RIAHOF) team launched this effort. They have contributed thousands of hours of sweat equity (with no compensation) in preparing the next phase of the Navy’s ship donation application. NAVSEA has determined, “…at this time, RIAHOF is the only viable candidate for the donation of ex-JFK.”
I am now writing as a former Commanding Officer of this ship, in hopes that the memories that this awesome vessel provided will get enough of your juices flowing so that you will join me in providing tangible, financial support for the next step in this quest. We are about to launch a major capital campaign to raise the balance of the money needed to ensure that JFK returns to duty. Fortunately, we start with a good foundation: about $10 million (in loans and pledges) should be transferable from the previous effort to bring USS Saratoga to Rhode Island.
The first element of this campaign will be an appeal to all former ship’s company and air crew members–some 70,000 men and women who served aboard between 1968 and 2007–to become members of the USS JFK Project.
Showing that our alumni group has significant “skin in the game”, so to speak, will also make it easier to generate corporate and foundation support. Local citizens will also be more inclined to give if we have set the example. After all, how can we lobby for federal, state and municipal support if we aren’t also willing to share the load?
I am convinced this is a solid effort with a good chance of success. Notwithstanding the motto, I am giving AND I’m asking you to do the same.
In closing, the most cherished part of my life was when I was assigned as Commanding Officer of JFK. The opportunity for me to get a second bite of that apple is too compelling to pass up, and I hope you will sign on with me for this new deployment.
VADM Jerry O. Tuttle, USN (Ret)
All Charter Members receive:
- Personalized Membership card
- Membership certificate
- 10% discount on all store orders (online or in-person)
- Listing in online member directory (optional)
- All Members current at the time of announcement will enjoy a ship visit prior to the Grand Opening
- Periodic members-only newsletter (email or mail)
- Access to the members-only discussion group on the website (coming Fall/Winter 2013)
per yearAnnual Members will receive all of the above benefits, PLUS:
- A guarantee that your $40 fee is locked in. No matter how often the dues may go up, you will pay only $40 per year with your automatic renewal by credit card.
- Bumper Sticker
per yearCorporate Members will receive all of the above benefits, PLUS:
- Your company logo with a link to your website prominently displayed on the ussjfkri.org sponsors page and website footer (we get thousands of hits per month!)
- Two tickets to the annual RI Aviation Hall of Fame banquet, held each fall
one-time paymentSustaining Members will receive all of the above benefits, PLUS:
- Two tickets to the RI Aviation Hall of Fame annual banquet
- Two tickets to the private pre-opening preview party/tour
- A lifetime of free admission to the ship for the Member
- A project t-shirt AND hat
The exclusive “Club 67” plank owner program, limited to 67 members who each pledge $15,000.
Filling this club will result in a $1 million donation to the project.
Club 67 Members will receive all of the above PLUS a number of other benefits, including:
- Each Member’s special Club 67 plaque would hang in a wardroom designed for club member exclusive use.
- Free admission to the JFK Experience in perpetuity for the Member and family
- Project care package
- Plus a host of other benefits.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-831-8696 for more information.Join Now
Would you prefer to send in your Membership Form? No problem! Simply open and print the link below, and mail in at your convenience using a check, money order, or your credit card.Print the Form